Wednesday, November 4, 2009

postsecret.com

I haven't posted on here in a while, I had two shows one right after another. I was Assistant Stage Manager and Choreographer for Burning Patience then just as I was getting back on track, I was Lighting Designer for the Newcommer's show for Freshmen and Transfer Students. I was given the reigns and told to go crazy.
Going into Burning Patience, I did not expect to do much past sweeping the stage and handelling the flow of backstage during the runs but two weeks into rehearsal the actors all realized they weren't too sure of the waltz. I have been dancing since I was 8 with my mom and every man who can lead. I taught the cast how to waltz and then choreographed a quick Latin Waltz number. It has been a good year.
.
.
.
My secret? The best compliment I have ever recieved was from a total stranger/staff member here at the University after the Newcommer's show telling me that it was the best lighting design he has ever seen in Brian Hall. I wish YOU could compliment me like that.

No comments: